Dated: August 2017
PLEASE READ THIS POLICY CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEBSITE
Protecting your data, privacy and financial details is very important to Vinterior Group Limited (“Vinterior”, “us” or “we”).
This policy (together with our Website Terms and Conditions and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand the types of information we collect from you, how we use that information and the circumstances under which we will share it with third parties. By visiting our website at www.vinterior.co (our “Site”) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. Unless context otherwise requires, a reference to the Site shall be deemed to also refer to any Vinterior mobile application (“App”) where such App is available.
For the purpose of the relevant data protection legislation, the data controller is Vinterior Group Limited of International House, 24 Holborn Viaduct, City of London, London, EC1A 2BN.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our Site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes (but is not limited to) information you provide when you register to use our Site, subscribe to our service, contact third parties via the Site, and when you report a problem with our Site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, personal description, geographic location, financial and payment information, photograph, and copies of identification documents.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our Site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time); what you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us (including the Website Terms and Conditions and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site; and
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Vinterior or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply the Website Terms and Conditions and any other documents referred to on it; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Vinterior, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may also disclose your personal data (for example, a first name, first initial of your surname and photograph) to a third party (for example, the recipient or your peer-to-peer counterparty) in order to fulfil a request. We may also use details of your transaction together with your first name, first initial of your surname and photograph for marketing and advertising purposes, unless to you instruct us not to.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We restrict access of your personal information to those employees of Vinterior who have a business reason for knowing such information. We continuously educate and train our employees about the importance of confidentiality and privacy of customer information. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with the relevant laws and regulations to protect your personal information from any unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [email protected].
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates, including Stripe or any other third party payments provider we use from time to time to process transactions entered into via the Site. If you enter into a transaction via the Site, or follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
Depending on applicable laws, you may have the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the relevant data protection legislation. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Vinterior is the online marketplace to discover,buy and source furniture with character.