The benefits of eating together as a family cannot be overstated, but the truth is that the family meals are no longer as common as you may think. And while we fight to reclaim the time to sit together around a dining room table and share a meal with our loved ones, the past offers inspiration.
The Mid-century Modern dining room is the heart of a home. It is where we come together to celebrate our family and one another. Its seamless blend of functionality and beauty creates a very warm and welcoming ambiance, encouraging intimacy and a homely feel. Sleek and clean lines of the Mid-century Modern dining room furniture emphasise the simplicity and understated elegance of the space, while a warm and earthy colour scheme boosts the mood and makes us feel relaxed and accepted.
It is no wonder why we feel so drawn to this particular aesthetic!
The dining room we are featuring today is a beautiful example of how vintage pieces can build a contemporary home. The space radiates some serious Danish Modern design vibes, with the Ercol and Panton chairs and an elegant mid-mod teak table. Understated furniture lines and organic forms bring dynamics, while an eclectic mix of design eras creates layers of texture and interest.
Getting the lighting just right is essential for the Mid-century Modern design. An eye-catching pendant is a must, but so are floor and table lamps. These pieces are used to develop an orange colour pop throughout the room, while the modernist Panton chairs provide a contrasting green accent.
But the artwork steals the show. When you take a closer look, you feel like the whole room is just an extension of the artist’s vision and colour choices. Bold and dreamy, the piece elevates the entire dining room area and gives it a punch of playfulness.
Who wouldn’t feel comfortable coming together in such a space?
- Ceramic Table Lamp By Bjørn Wiinblad For Rosenthal, 1970s
- Provencal Pot
- Iconic Vladimir Tretchikoff Framed Print ‘Balinese Girl’. Original Mid Century Art
- Mid Century Design 1960s Grundig Lumophon Stereogram Sideboard Cabinet
- Svend Middelboe ‘Verona’ Pendant For Nordisk Solar
- Set Of 4 Panton Chairs, Vitra Edition
- Vintage Ercol Dining Chair Goldsmith Blonde Elm Beech
- Helge Østerberg Ceramic Bowl In Speckled Glaze, Interior In Dark Blue
- 1960 Danish Teak Extendable Table
- Vintage 1940s Chrome Adjustable Standing Lamp With New Orange Silk Pleated Shade