This item has been sold, but we have similar available

Vintage 12 Place Settings Roberts & Belk 154 Piece Canteen Of Cutlery C.1981

Vintage 12 Place Settings Roberts & Belk 154 Piece Canteen Of Cutlery C.1981

Vintage 12 Place Settings Roberts & Belk 154 Piece Canteen Of Cutlery C.1981

Sold

Keep updated on our latest arrivals

Be the first to receive the latest vintage finds, enjoy interior inspiration and unearth furniture with real soul

About this item

Comprehensive and complete Roberts & Belk twelve place settings silver plated William & Mary pattern cutlery, in a mahogany canteen dated 1981 / 82

This set has never been used, we unwrapped all the items to photograph them.
 

 

The set comprises :
 

12 Table Forks
12 Table knives
12 Starter forks 
12 Starter knives
12 Fish forks
12 Fish knives
4 Table serving spoons
12 Soup spoons
12 Dessert spoons
12 Teaspoons
12 Coffee spoons 
2 Sauce ladles
3 x knife, fork and steel

Additional Items:
1 Flat server,
1 Pie /cake server,
2 Salad servers
Pair of fish servers
Small serving fork
Large serving fork
4 Serving spoons a
12 Hors d' Oeuvre forks
12 Hors d' Oeuvre knives

Condition:

This set is complete and in really excellent condition as it has never been used, please see photos for confirmation.

Dimensions in cm:

Height 20 x Width 50 x Depth 38 - Box

Dimensions in inches:

Height 8 inches x Width 1 foot, 8 inches x Depth 1 foot, 3 inches - Box

oberts & Belk
The firm was established as Furniss, Poles & Turner. The first hallmark was entered in Sheffield Assay Office as "plate worker, Furnival Street, Sheffield" on December 20, 1810.
From c.1822 to 1945 the firm traded as William Briggs (hallmark entered as Plate Worker, Button Lane on August 14, 1822).
Later William Briggs entered in partnership with Samuel Roberts and Joseph Slater. In 1845 the firm, trading as Roberts & Slater, silver and electroplate manufacturers, entered its hallmark in Sheffield Assay Office (September 1, 1845. Address: Furnival Street).
After the retirement of Joseph Slater (1858) the activity was continued until 1863 under the style Roberts & Briggs (hallmark entered on September 1, 1859).
In 1863, after the retirement of William Briggs, the firm changed to Roberts & Belk (the new partner was Charles Belk). Its first hallmarks were entered in Sheffield Assay Office on February 1, 1864.
In 1879, after the retirement of Samuel Roberts, the activity was continued solely by Charles Belk maintaining the style Roberts & Belk.
Besides the Sheffield factory, the firms were active also in London, with showrooms at 28 Ely Place, Holborn (1858) and later at Gresham House, 24 Holborn Viaduct (1883).
In 1901 the firm became Roberts & Belk Ltd and in 1961 was bought by C.J. Vander Ltd. 

Dimensions

W50.0 x H20.0 x D38.0 cm

Condition

Refurbished

Wear condition

Excellent

Date of manufacture

Unknown

Period

Unknown

Seller

VAT status

Seller is VAT registered

SKU

28725705
Icon shield blue
Choose from over 1,700 Vinterior trusted dealers
Icon padlock blue
100% secure payment by card or using your device

Payment methods supported by Vinterior

Icon tick blue
Direct communication with dealers and customer service